Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Easter Pennie Pockets


Aren't these adorable. I found the tutorial for these here, but I was too late for Valentine's Day so I made some up for Easter. These little door hangers are super easy to whip up and will make great gifts. I plan on giving mine away towards the end of March to some gals I will be visiting. I will probably type up a little message to roll up and put inside as well. A treat and a message in a cute little package, what could be better. For those of you who have a sewing machine but think you can't make these, think again. This is a super beginner pattern with only 5 straight line stitches. Just follow the edge of your foot for a 1/4" seam, and remember stick pins are your friends.

Here are the rest I made, they just don't have anything in them yet. Aren't they darling... I am thrilled at how they turned out.


Linked

A Soft Place to Land
Today's Creative Blog
The Girl Creative
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Somewhat Simple
The Creative Itch
Skip to My Lou

14 comments:

  1. Cute project and I like the name pennie pockets. Come say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are darling! i am definitely going to make a couple of these..thanks so much for the inspiration and the link to the tutorial!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little baskets....

    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it is fantastic that you re-purposed and expanded the tutorial to get something to fit the season!
    and did it so delightfully well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the idea. You could use this for any holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo cute...

    Another great idea!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. at Life As Lori

    Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute. The paper you used is beautiful!

    Thanks for linking this up. I love it!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the Easter door hang... nice job!
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/03/class-room-craft-aprons.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are adorable!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete