Sunday, March 21, 2010

Decoupage Easter Eggs

Do you have have any of these hanging around in your Easter stuff? I don't know about you but eggs that do not match-up drive me crazy. And black Easter eggs!?! My kids came back with these last year after an Easter Egg Hunt.

Well don't throw them away, put them to good use. Here are some ideas.

Add them as decor around a candle.

Add them into your Easter arrangements.

Add them to your door knob as a cute decoration.

Create plant stakes out of them. (For these I drilled a hole and put in a meat skewer and then wrapped with floral tape.)

Use them to hang from a garland.

And not to be forgotten is the little purple egg nesting on
my "G" in Spring.

Here is the 411 on how to make them. Some of the eggs you will need to drill holes into. (The ones that you would like to hang or create plant stakes with).

If hanging, you will need to string this through before you start to cover the egg. I tied a little knot so that it did not accidentally come out. I also left a very long end coming out the other side, this way if the string got icky I could just pull it through and cut off the icky part. BTW I used hemp as my string.

The next step is to tear your paper into small pieces and then start applying piece by piece using mod podge. (This is my pink egg on the garland, the holes were drilled on the sides verse the ends.)

17 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love their look and how you decorated with them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a lot of these last year, but I didn't pull a string through each side. That is a great tip! I love how you placed them around the house. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun! I love the look of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous and so multi-use! Mod Podge makes everything beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea that is! I love all your Easter decor:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool thing, and I am definitely giving it a shoot this weekend! I have a ton of those things, and they are icky! (Sorry, that's the only word for it!) I was thinking of fancy paper napkins for the paper? What do you think?

    Scribbler
    at http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did have a few problem where I had torn the paper and the edge was thinner that the color of the egg shown through especially with the black ones. So if you try napkins I would use light colored eggs, unless you want the color to come through (but then again that might be pretty as well).

    ReplyDelete
  8. These looks so good! I wish I hadn't taken my plastic eggs to the thrift store. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these eggs, especially with the colorful spring garland. You have a knack for displaying them in just the right places. Thank you so much for sharing these at the Boardwalk Bragfest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Мне очень понравилось у Вас)Заходите ко мне в гости !)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Your egg ideas are great fun. I really love your floral arrangement. Very pretty look...julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job! I think my favorite was the candle holder! I appreciate all your hard work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, they are really cute! Great craft! lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are amazing i love them.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute...what a great idea with the decoupage! Thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday! And I followed ya too!

    ReplyDelete